Custom Search
Job Qualifications Include...: My experience is so specific

Home

I want to hear everyone's story.

I want to hear everyone's story. I know you have at least one. Copy the job ad that says they are looking for just a female worker. Show me the news article that says recruiters throw out resumes for various reasons. Tell me about the phony job you applied for, only to be let down. Tell me how little they offered for a job requiring a masters degree. We need regulation, we need to not be preyed upon while we are down. Refuse to give out your personal information until they tell you who they are. Take a stand, because standing is about all we have left.

Monday, September 27, 2010

My experience is so specific

that if I looked ONLY for the same position I held previously I would have to wait for one of the 5 companies in this city to hire for one of the 7 (tops) positions they have open for that field. 
One company does, my heart palpitates, I can hardly contain myself... this is it, they can't ignore that I would be PERFECT for this job.  Resume...sent      Cover letter... customized     sweet disposition eluding to how much they will love me... covered...  now wait.


That was a week ago, new copy of the same ad now available and includes that they would also prefer a four year degree. 
The more employers ask for a BA or better, I get the feeling that they are demeaning the years spent in college.  Thanks for that time, it shows that you have really applied yourself towards your goals.  Now here is a 10 dollar an hour job and can you stop by starbucks on your way in?  What I mean to say is, not ALL jobs can require that.  If you raise the standards for the lower paying jobs you are essentially lowering the curve. 

Plus, I applied for a another admin position today they said it was contract work :) 

2 comments:

  1. Was I seriously applying no, I had a hunch and was correct..here is the Job Description my response and the follow up response from them.

    Bilingual Customer Service Representative (New Berlin, WI)

    A financial company located in New Berlin, WI is currently looking to add a number of bilingual customer service representatives to their team. Qualified candidates would possess a minimum of 2 years bilingual call center experience, have the ability to work rotating shifts in the morning and afternoon, as well as have the ability to successfully pass a background and drug screen check. This assignment is a contract assignment with the ability to go to full term hire for those that prove themselves worthy. If you are qualified and interested, do not delay and apply to today!!!

    * Location: New Berlin, WI * Compensation: $12.00 Per Hour

    ___________________________________________________________________________________

    I speak German and English and are very friendly, What are the approximate hours?

    ____________________________________________________________________________________

    Hello Brian,

    Unfortunately, the opportunity we are seeking to fill is requiring bilingual skills in Spanish and English. It would not be a fit. We appreciate your interest though.

    Thank you kindly,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wie nett! and how fitting that the job description is generically called "customer service rep" If only they could be more specific about WHICH language and specifically WHAT job they expect... Pretty sure most jobs are about the customer. Lets all name the different types of jobs called CSR. Cashier, payroll, tech support, telemarketing...

    ReplyDelete